Humboldt State University Subject & Catalog: EDUC x701
Class Number: 27315
In this post-baccalaureate course provided through Humboldt State University, you will learn new strategies for implementing assessments into the classroom and explore a variety of topics to help you use assessments effectively in the student learning process. Each assessment type and assessment item will be described in detail, and you will learn to align the appropriate assessment item to each objective and task based on the level of rigor required for students to show mastery of an idea. You will be able to construct targeted and effective diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments, in addition to building clear criteria for rubrics to better assess, track, and support your students. Through activities, templates, and reference guides, you will build a strategic assessment plan for an upcoming lesson cycle that is aligned to student expectations, targeted, and measurable. You will apply fresh new ideas to developing your assessments in the classroom and will learn to better impact and improve student progress for your entire class.
Throughout the course you will examine the four types of assessment used to increase student learning, analyze most common assessment items, align objectives with each assessment component, and develop assessments that meets the needs of all learners. You’ll also build a resource to help you better implement assessments into your classroom and analyze a research article to understand how real research connects to your classroom.
This course will provide you with the tools to build more effective and targeted assessments to not only help you understand student progress but to actually increase student learning.
Register For The Course Now!
This pricing includes Model Teaching’s course fee of $65 & Humboldt State University’s academic credit fee of $50. You will only be charged $65 at registration.
Participants Will Be Able To:
- Examine the four types of assessments used to measure and increase student learning
- Analyze the three types of assessment items found on most assessments
- Analyze assessment items and their corresponding objectives and align the assessment components with each objective
- Develop assessments that meet the needs of all learners
- Compose targeted supplemental resources to ensure action plan implementation into the classroom
- Analyze and defend research articles covering the main topics within the course, to reflect on the research’s impact in the classroom
- Plan, reflect, and report on implementation progress using a Classroom Implementation Plan
How Our Courses Work:
Shayna Pond, Instructor
M.S. Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Baylor College of Medicine
Louisiana State University
Experience & Credentials:
Over 10 Years of Teaching or Tutoring Experience
Former Assistant Principal
Former Lead Teacher
President of Action Potential Learning
STATE CERTIFIED TEACHER
1 Credit Unit
This course falls under Humboldt State University's 700-799 numbering system, for the purposes of credential/licensure designed primarily for electives or professional development/salary advancement purposes. At the conclusion of the course, Model Teaching will review your submitted content and send the results to Humboldt State University. This course is for 1 Credit Unit and requires a minimum passage grade of 80%. Model Teaching is an accredited partner with Humboldt State University. Upon course completion, you will receive a certificate of completion from Model Teaching, along with instructions to submit to Humboldt State University to receive your academic units.
Helpful Resources & Templates Included in the Course
The course comes with 15 templates, tools, and graphic organizers ready to be used in your classroom! These include:
- Types of Assessments Quick Reference Guide
- Diagnostic Assessment Tool
- Diagnostic Assessment Tool-Example
- Weekly Student Feedback Recording Tools
- Unit Planner
- Weekly Formative Assessment Template
- Diagnostic Assessments Template
- Unit Assessments Overview Plan
- Summative Assessment Matrix
- Supplemental Resource Design Template
- Types of Questions Quick Reference Guide
- Assessment Alignment Chart
- Rubric Sample Template
- Effectiveness Rubric
- Research Article Analysis Template
Receive a copy of the course syllabus by submitting the form below. Once submitted, we automatically email you a copy. The syllabus contains detailed and important information on the structure and core content, and grading of the course.
Download the Syllabus
Receive a copy of the course syllabus by submitting the form below. Once submitted, we will automatically email you a copy.