The Florida Department of Education requires 6 semester hours of college credit to include at least 1 semester hour in teaching students with disabilities during each renewal period. The Florida Department of Education has guidelines concerning acceptable college credit equivalencies for Renewal, including guidelines for obtaining approval on the fldoe.org website.
Acceptable College Credit Equivalencies for Renewal that apply to Model Teaching Courses:
- College level credits used for certificate renewal must be awarded by an accredited or approved institution, or the American Council on Education (ACE), and must be reflected on an official transcript.
Regional Accrediting Associations Acceptable According to Florida Department of Education:
Regional accrediting associations. The regional accrediting associations are as follows:
- The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- The Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
- The New England Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
- The North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools, Now the HLC
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- The Western Association of Schools & Colleges