Idaho Teacher License Renewal Requirements
Our Academic Credit/ University Partnered Courses are acceptable for Idaho teacher license renewal and Professional Development requirement hours according to The Idaho State Department of Education. Consider our Humboldt State University CE Bundle Pack for a cost-effective way to earn your credits for your teacher re-licensure or salary advancement needs.
Be sure to confirm your specific teaching license renewal requirements with your state or local license-granting authority prior to enrolling.
The Idaho State Department of Education requires Idaho teachers to obtain 6 Professional Development credits every 5 years to maintain teacher certification. Idaho teachers can obtain up to 3 non-university in-service clock hours to help meet this 6 credit-hour requirement. 15 clock hours are equal to 1 in-service hour.
For professional development credits to count towards renewal, The credits must:
- Be related to your professional development as an educator
- Be tied to the content areas for your certification
- Must pertain to the pedagogical best practices of an educator
- At least three semester credits of the total of six professional development credits must be taken via college or university credit courses (see below for more information on Model Teaching University partnered courses)
- You may substitute in-service hours for up to three of the six semester credit hours required for certificate renewal. Use form B7 Inservice (below) to request approval
- You must provide official transcripts upon request to verify credits taken through an accredited college or university.
More About Acceptable Credits (Source: Idaho.gov):
Credits taken for recertification must be educationally related to the individualized professional learning plan (IPLP) or related to the professional practice of the applicant:
- Credits must be specifically tied to content areas and/or an area of any other endorsement; or
- Credits must be specific to pedagogical best practices or for administrative/teacher leadership; or
- Credits must be tied to a specific area of need designated by district administration
- Credits must be taken during the validity period of the certificate. The validity period is listed in parenthesis next to the certificate(s) listed on the credential
About Our Courses
Idaho district/charter school/private school in-service hours may be applied toward up to three (3) credits:
- Fifteen (15) contact hours are equivalent to one (1) semester credit hour
- Idaho District In-service form must be completed by the proper official at an Idaho district/charter school/private school for the in-service to count toward certificate renewal
- Idaho district/charter school/private school may approve Continuing Education Units (CEU) using the Idaho District In-service form
Unofficial or official transcripts
- Please include transcripts with your packet in order to expedite your application
- Unofficial transcripts may be used for renewal only
- If transcripts are not included with your packet, please note in your application the method by which you are sending them. Please have them sent two weeks after you mail the application
- Transcripts sent electronically directly from the university are acceptable. Send electronic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transcripts faxed directly from the university/college may be sent to (208) 334-2228
Three (3) semester credits are equal to four (4) quarter credit hours
Model Teaching offers courses provided through regionally-accredited Humboldt State University and Seattle Pacific University. These institutions are accredited by WASC-ACSCU (The Western Association of Schools & Colleges) and NWCCU (Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities) respectively. Our Academic Credit University-Partnered Courses should be acceptable for Idaho teacher license renewal and Professional Development requirement hours according to The Idaho Department of Education. All courses completed through our academic partners will include access to an official transcript from that academic institution for submission to any license-granting authority.
If you would still like to confirm approval of a course, please use Form B13- Verification of College/University Course Content Approval. The form can be found by visiting the Idaho State DOE.
The Idaho State Department of Education requests approval of course material in order to apply non-university courses towards these clock hours. Use Form B7 (Inservice Form) to request approval of a Model Teaching non-academic partnered Professional Development Course from the Idaho State Department of Education. The form can be found by visiting the Idaho State DOE.
REFERENCE: Idaho State Department of Education
Humboldt State University
Continuing Education Bundle Pack
Academic University Credit for Teacher License Renewal & Salary Advancement
$189 + $50 /HSU Credit | 7 Courses | 8 Academic Credits/Units
Register to Receive Access to 7 Regionally-Accredited Humboldt State University (HSU) Academic Credit Courses for Teacher Re-Certification & Salary Advancement
- Includes Registration to 7 HSU-Partnered Courses with a Total of 8 Credits
- Accredited Through WASC-ACSCU
- Accepted by Most State Departments of Education for Continuing Education, Teacher Re-Certification, & Salary Advancement Credits
- $189 One-Time Model Teaching Registration Fee, Take As Many Courses As Needed, Pay Only $50 to HSU Per Credit to Receive Your Academic Credit & Transcript
Regionally-Accredited Academic Credit For Continuing Education
Model Teaching offers courses provided through regionally-accredited Humboldt State University and Seattle Pacific University. These institutions are accredited by WASC-ACSCU (The Western Association of Schools & Colleges) and NWCCU (Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities) respectively. Our Academic Credit/ University Partnered Courses are acceptable for Idaho teacher license renewal and Professional Development requirement hours according to The Idaho Department of Education. All courses completed through our academic partners will include access to an official transcript from that academic institution for submission to any license-granting authority. We always encourage users to confirm their specific teaching license renewal requirements with their state or local licence-granting authority prior to enrolling.
Do I Need Academic Credit Courses for My Re-certification Requirements?
Model Teaching offers both Online Professional Development courses as well as Online University-Partnered courses offered through regionally-accredited universities. Most states accept regionally-accredited continuing education credit for teacher license renewal requirements.
You may also request approval from your district and/or school to utilize our non-academic credit Professional Development courses for your teacher license renewal needs. Please use our convenient Request Approval Form and submit to your license-granting authority to request approval.
*The information on this page was last updated 3/2019. Please refer to the Idaho State Department of Education web page for the most accurate and current information on Idaho teacher re-certification requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: The content provided on this page is solely provided for informational purposes and does not exempt users from their responsibility to ensure that our courses meet their state’s continuing education requirements. Please check with your state certification agency for up-to-date policies for teacher certification renewal/continuing education and use our Request Course Approval form if you want to confirm use of one of our courses for your professional development, continuing education, or clock hour requirements.
Online Professional Development Courses for Idaho Teachers
High-Quality Virtual Presentations
Our high-quality lessons are presented by your instructor in a virtual learning environment that is designed to mirror live, on-campus workshops. Choose to watch or read all lessons at any time and take advantage of our high-quality resources provided for immediate implementation of your new skills.
Access Your Courses Anytime, Anywhere
Courses are accessible to you at any time and are accessible on any computer, tablet, or smart phone. After registration, you will have access to all course lessons, templates, & assignments for one year. Take your courses at your own pace. Pause any time and continue where you left off. You will receive instructor feedback at each step of the course as you progress through the curriculum at your own convenience.
Live Feedback & Communication
Our courses are designed to simulate live instruction. Throughout the course, you will receive feedback from your instructor within 24- 48 hours of your submissions as you proceed through lessons and activities. If you have a question, reach out to your instructor through our built-in messaging system or directly by email or phone.
Individual CoursesRegister For Individual PD & Academic Credit Courses
- 365 Days of Course Access
- Full Access to Course Resources – Tools, Graphic Organizers, Templates & Lesson Plans <