Blended Learning: Integrating Technology Into The Classroom
(8 Hours) Technology is a great tool to support learning – but how can you efficiently develop impactful blended lessons for your students? This course teaches you how to select from the five main blended learning models to structure your lessons. You’ll learn a process for designing activities and choosing online resources for easier blended learning integration into your classroom.
ONLINE COURSE DETAILS
- Price: $30.00
- Credit Type: Professional Development
- Credits: 8 PD Hours
- 9 High-Quality Resources Provided With The Course
Learn how to choose the right blended learning models for your classroom, lesson goals, and student needs
Practice the steps needed to develop a blended learning lesson for easy integration into your class curriculum
Analyze what effective blended learning looks like in the classroom setting
What You Will Learn:
Integrating technology into the classroom is a challenging, yet valuable component to learning in the 21st century. Purposeful and authentic technology integration helps to drive more effective content delivery and knowledge for your students. In this course you will learn the main blended learning models, explore the strategies involved in selecting the right blended learning model for the classroom, and develop a blended learning lesson for immediate use in the classroom. This course is ideal for aspiring teachers that want to learn more about the blended learning process, new teachers that need support in designing blended lessons, and experienced teachers that want to take their traditional classroom content and modify it to support blended learning.
You Will Learn:
- What blended learning looks like in the classroom
- The components of a blended learning lesson
- How to plan and create a blended learning lesson plan
Course Guiding Question:
How can I use a blended learning model to build effective blended lessons for my classroom that improve student understanding of classroom objectives?
Professional Development Credits:
At the conclusion of the course, you will receive a certificate for 8 Professional Development Hours (Clock Hours, CPEs, CEUs).
Model Teaching Professional Development Courses are pre-approved in many states and we provide easy approval forms to submit to your license granting authority if required.
If you are a teacher seeking license renewal and wish to verify acceptance of our Professional Development Courses, please view our PD STATE REQUIREMENTS PAGE to learn more about your state’s requirements.
Also, consider taking our UNIVERSITY-PARTNERED, ACADEMIC CREDIT COURSES to earn regionally-accredited units or credits, accepted by most states for teacher re-licensing and salary advancement.
Monique Carlisle, Instructor
Applied Learning & Development
University of Texas at Austin
Experience & Credentials:
Over 11 Years of Teaching Experience
Former Elementary-Level Teacher
G/T Student Performance & Curriculum Trained
Experience with Students with Learning Disabilites
STATE CERTIFIED TEACHER
I really liked this course! I spent a lot of time researching how to implement technology into the classroom, then I found this course. It gave me everything I needed. Definitely recommend!
Section 1 – Introduction to Blended Learning: Integrating Technology into The Classroom
- Learn what Blended Learning is and reflect on which of the five models work best for you
Section 2 – The 5 Blended Learning Models
- Analyze the 5 blended learning models in detail and consider scenarios of technology integration in action.
Section 3 – The Blended Learning Classroom
- Learn how to structure your classroom to best support blended learning, and reflect on which blended learning model would support your idea classroom structure best
Section 4 – Planning a Lesson
- Work through each step in designing a blended learning lesson, and reflect upon the activities and online resources that you can utilize to support a blended lesson
Section 5 – Putting it All Together
- Using the sample provided, build your own idea for a blended learning lesson for your current or future classroom and receive feedback on your plans
Section 6 – Applying What you Have Learned
- Get ideas on how to implement the concepts into your classroom, find a list of online resources that support blended learning, and read the research behind blended learning that supports this evidence- based professional development
Helpful Resources & Templates Included With the Course
The course comes with 9 templates, tools, and graphic organizers ready to be used in your classroom! These include:
- Classroom Design Worksheet
- Lesson Plan Outline
- Lesson Plan Template with Sample
- Blended Learning Model Rubric
- Student Activities Worksheet
- Student Resources Worksheet
- Implementation Checklist with Sample
High-Quality Virtual Presentations
Our high-quality lessons are presented by your instructor in a virtual learning environment that is designed to mirror live, on-campus workshops. Choose to watch or read all lessons at any time and take advantage of our high-quality resources provided for immediate implementation of your new skills.
Access Your Courses Anytime, Anywhere
Courses are accessible to you at any time and are accessible on any computer, tablet, or smart phone. After registration, you will have access to all course lessons, templates, & assignments for one year. Take your courses at your own pace. Pause any time and continue where you left off. You will receive instructor feedback at each step of the course as you progress through the curriculum at your own convenience.
Live Feedback & Communication
Our courses are designed to simulate live instruction. Throughout the course, you will receive feedback from your instructor within 24- 48 hours of your submissions as you proceed through lessons and activities. If you have a question, reach out to your instructor through our built-in messaging system or directly by email or phone.