Documentation & Data Analysis-SPU Course
In this University-Partnered Academic-Credit course provided through Seattle Pacific University, you will learn how to actively monitor students throughout the instructional process and to collect academic and behavioral data. You will learn how to process, file, and analyze data for documentation and to better help teach mastery of course concepts. At the end of the course you will build both a data collection lesson plan to immediately use in the classroom, aligned to a specific lesson and focused on academic improvements in students, as well as a documentation action plan focused on a more holistic approach to documenting a student’s behavioral and academic struggles.
ONLINE COURSE DETAILS
- Price: $140.00
- Credit Type: Academic Credit / Licensure
- Credits: 1 Quarter Credit, Seattle Pacific University
- Catalog: EDCT 5739
- 30 High-Quality Resources Provided With The Course
Learn How to Actively Monitor Your Students to Collect Academic/ Behavioral Data
Learn How to Analyze Trends to Identify Student Misconceptions & Gaps in Understanding
Learn How to Properly Record Student Information, Manage Student Records, & Share Student Information with Colleagues & Parents
What You Will Learn In This Course:
Unit 1: Classroom Documentation
- How documentation will support your classroom instruction
- How documentation is used when seeking support from administrators
- How to effectively document student struggles
- Why documenting a student’s struggles holistically through various methods is important
Unit 2: Active Monitoring & Data Collection
- The process of Active Monitoring, and how to build “Look Fors” that help teachers monitor student growth
- The methods behind and purpose of various types of data collection
- How to analyze data, and how to use data to modify student groupings for better instruction
Course Guiding Questions:
How can I continuously monitor the progress of my students and build a plan that uses appropriate data collection methods to inform me of student growth?
Who are my struggling students and how can I document their difficulties in a way that will enlist the support I need from my administrators?
1 Quarter Credit:
At the conclusion of the course, Model Teaching will review your submitted content and send the results to Seattle Pacific University. This course is for 1 Quarter Credit from SPU and requires a minimum passage grade of 80%. Model Teaching and its parent company, Action Potential Learning is an accredited partner with Seattle Pacific University. Upon course completion, you will receive an updated transcript, documenting your earned credit hours within 6 weeks from SPU. Transcripts can be requested through your account at CE.SPU.edu, set up during course registration.
Please view our PD STATE REQUIREMENTS PAGE to learn more about your state’s requirements.
Our UNIVERSITY-PARTNERED, ACADEMIC CREDIT COURSES, such as this course, allow you to earn regionally-accredited units or credits, accepted by most states for teacher re-certification requirements.
Shayna Pond, Instructor
M.S. Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Baylor College of Medicine
Louisiana State University
Experience & Credentials:
Over 10 Years of Teaching or Tutoring Experience
Former Assistant Principal
Former Lead Teacher
President of Action Potential Learning
STATE CERTIFIED TEACHER
Download the Syllabus
Receive a copy of the course syllabus by submitting the form below. Once submitted, we automatically email you a copy. The syllabus contains detailed and important information on the structure and core content of the course as well as grading.
Helpful Resources & Templates Included With the Course
The course comes with 30 templates, tools, and graphic organizers ready to be used in your classroom! These include:
- ABC Tracker
- Behavior Tracker
- Effectiveness Rubric
- Parent Contact Log
- Conference Form
- Academic Behaviors to Notice Tracker-Writing
- Assessment Data Collection Template
- Data Collection Planning Guide
- Supplemental Resource Design Template
- ABC Tracker Sample
- Documentation Implementation Plan
- Documentation Purposes Guide
- Referral Process Log
- Academic Behaviors to Notice Tracker-Math
- Academic Behaviors to Notice Tracker-Data Examples
- Data Analysis Guide
- On/Off Task Behavior Tracker
- Research Article Analysis Template
- Academic Tracker
- Creating Student Files Guide
- Intervention Log
- Team Meeting Documentation Tracker
- Academic Behaviors to Notice Tracker-Reading
- Active Monitoring Planning Guide
- Data Collection Lesson Plan
- Progression of Skills Mastery Tracker
- Classroom Implementation Plan Template
High-Quality Virtual Presentations
Our high-quality lessons are presented by your instructor in a virtual learning environment that is designed to mirror live, on-campus workshops. Choose to watch or read all lessons at any time and take advantage of our high-quality resources provided for immediate implementation of your new skills.
Access Your Courses Anytime, Anywhere
Courses are accessible to you at any time and are accessible on any computer, tablet, or smart phone. After registration, you will have access to all course lessons, templates, & assignments for one year. Take your courses at your own pace. Pause any time and continue where you left off. You will receive instructor feedback at each step of the course as you progress through the curriculum at your own convenience.
Live Feedback & Communication
Our courses are designed to simulate live instruction. Throughout the course, you will receive feedback from your instructor within 24- 48 hours of your submissions as you proceed through lessons and activities. If you have a question, reach out to your instructor through our built-in messaging system or directly by email or phone.
RegisterDocumentation & Data Analysis-SPU Course
- 365 Days of Course Access
- Full Access to Course Resources – Tools, Graphic Organizers, Templates & Lesson Plans
- Instructor Feedback for Implementation
- Course Completion Notification Sent to SPU Upon Passing the Course. You May Then Request Your Academic Credit from SPU Within 6 Weeks of Course Completion