Efficient Classroom Processes-HSU Course
In this University-Partnered Academic-Credit course provided through Humboldt State University, you will learn the six strategies that can improve the learning environment to make your classroom more predictable, safe, and orderly. You will analyze, develop, and apply methods to improve your classroom processes and build a more efficient environment for student learning, to be applied to your current or future classroom. Through targeted activities, resources & templates, and reference guides and examples you will build a strategic implementation plan to ensure a strategy is implemented to mastery in the classroom. This course allows you to view expectations for classroom processes through a new lens and provides you with tangible ideas to ensure that you are improving upon classroom efficiency through multiple methods throughout your class day.
You will analyze the 6 strategies used to create more efficient environments for student learning, and you’ll reflect upon past implementation efforts. For each strategy you will build a clear plan of action around its implementation, then choose a specific strategy to implement to mastery, in a strategic manner. You will compose a resource to help you ensure effective implementation, analyze research and best practices from peer- reviewed journal articles, and final plan, reflect, and report on implementation progress.
This course will provide you with the tools to build an effective action plan to implement your classroom processes with fidelity so that you are successful in creating a more efficient and purposeful classroom.
ONLINE COURSE DETAILS
- Price: $115.00
- Credit Type: Academic Credit / Licensure
- Credits: 1 Unit Credit, Humboldt State University
- HSU Subject & Catalog: EDUC x701
- Class Number: 27316
- 8 High-Quality Resources Provided With The Course
*Pricing includes Model Teaching’s course fee of $65 & Humboldt State University’s academic credit fee of $50. You will only be charged $65 at registration.
Learn Key Strategies & Techniques to Help You Manage Your Class
Learn How to Implement: Daily Routines, Smooth Transitions, Pacing, Attention Getters, Silent Signals, & More
Learn How to Incorporate Efficient Classroom Management Techniques Into Your Lesson Planning & Build a Behavior Management Culture in Your Classroom
Participants Will Be Able To:
- Analyze the 6 strategies used to create more efficient environments for student learning
- Determine methods to implement each strategy, and build a plan of action around implementation
- Choose and implement a classroom strategy to mastery in a strategic manner
- Compose targeted supplemental resources to ensure action plan implementation of student documentation and data collection in the classroom
- Analyze and defend research articles covering the main topics within the course, to reflect on the research’s impact in the classroom
- Plan, reflect, and report on implementation progress using a Classroom Implementation Plan
Course Guiding Question:
How can I improve my classroom process to build a more efficient environment for student learning?
1 Credit Unit
This course falls under Humboldt State University’s 700-799 numbering system, for the purposes of credential/licensure designed primarily for electives or professional development/salary advancement purposes. At the conclusion of the course, Model Teaching will review your submitted content and send the results to Humboldt State University. This course is for 1 Graduate Credit Unit and requires a minimum passage grade of 80%. Model Teaching is an accredited partner with Humboldt State University. Upon course completion, you will receive a certificate of completion from Model Teaching, along with instructions to submit to Humboldt State University to receive your Academic Units.
Please view our PD STATE REQUIREMENTS PAGE to learn more about your state’s requirements.
Our UNIVERSITY-PARTNERED, ACADEMIC CREDIT COURSES, such as this course, allow you to earn regionally-accredited units or credits, accepted by most states for teacher re-certification requirements.
Shayna Pond, Instructor
M.S. Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Baylor College of Medicine
Louisiana State University
Experience & Credentials:
Over 10 Years of Teaching or Tutoring Experience
Former Assistant Principal
Former Lead Teacher
President of Action Potential Learning
STATE CERTIFIED TEACHER
Download the Syllabus
Receive a copy of the course syllabus by submitting the form below. Once submitted, we automatically email you a copy. The syllabus contains detailed and important information on the structure and core content of the course as well as grading.
Helpful Resources & Templates Included With the Course
The course comes with 8 templates, tools, and graphic organizers ready to be used in your classroom! These include:
- Efficient Classroom Processes Strategy Guide
- Transition Running Record Assessing Tool
- Research Article Analysis Template
- Daily Routines Reflection Sheet
- Procedures Reflection Sheet
- Classroom Implementation Plan Template
- Strategy Focus Plan Template
- Supplemental Resource Design
High-Quality Virtual Presentations
Our high-quality lessons are presented by your instructor in a virtual learning environment that is designed to mirror live, on-campus workshops. Choose to watch or read all lessons at any time and take advantage of our high-quality resources provided for immediate implementation of your new skills.
Access Your Courses Anytime, Anywhere
Courses are accessible to you at any time and are accessible on any computer, tablet, or smart phone. After registration, you will have access to all course lessons, templates, & assignments for one year. Take your courses at your own pace. Pause any time and continue where you left off. You will receive instructor feedback at each step of the course as you progress through the curriculum at your own convenience.
Live Feedback & Communication
Our courses are designed to simulate live instruction. Throughout the course, you will receive feedback from your instructor within 24- 48 hours of your submissions as you proceed through lessons and activities. If you have a question, reach out to your instructor through our built-in messaging system or directly by email or phone.
RegisterEfficient Classroom Processes-HSU Course
- 365 Days of Course Access
- Full Access to Course Resources – Tools, Graphic Organizers, Templates & Lesson Plans
- Instructor Feedback for Implementation
- Course Completion Notification Sent to HSU Upon Passing the Course. You May Then Request Your Academic Credit from HSU
- * This pricing includes Model Teaching’s course fee of $65 & Humboldt State University’s academic credit fee of $50. You will only be charged $65 at registration. You may request your credits from HSU at the conclusion of the course & pay $50 to receive your academic credit.