Intro to Response to Intervention (RTI)
(3 Hours) Response to intervention programs are reviewed, and a justification for its use in improving academic performance are outlined in this training. Differentiated instruction is explored as a fundamental component of intervention processes inside and out of the classroom. Participants learn how instruction in the classroom can best support a response to intervention model.
ONLINE COURSE DETAILS
- Price: $15.00
- Credit Type: Professional Development
- Credits: 3 PD Hours
- High-Quality Resources Provided With The Course
Learn About the 3-Tier RTI Model & How Intervention Programs Are Used to Improve the Performance of Different Student Groups
Learn The Core Components of an RTI System, The Laws Regarding RTI, and The Key Members and Roles of a Successful RTI Team
Learn How to Collect Meaningful Data, Identify At-Risk Students, & Use Collected Data For Progress Monitoring & Reporting to Team Members & Parents
What You Will Learn In This Course:
In this course, response to intervention programs (RTI) are reviewed, and a justification for their use in improving academic performance will be outlined. Differentiated instruction will be explored as a fundamental component of intervention processes inside and out of the classroom. Participants will learn how instruction in the classroom can best support a response to intervention model. We will cover:
- The response to intervention model
- Applications in the classroom
- Key strategies on reporting, data management, & parent engagement
Course Guiding Question:
What is response to intervention, why is it important for students, and how can it appropriately be implemented into my classroom?
Professional Development Credits:
At the conclusion of the course, you will receive a certificate for 3 Professional Development Hours (Clock Hours, CPEs, CEUs).
Model Teaching and Action Potential Learning Professional Development Courses are pre-approved in the following states:
- Texas: TEA CPE# 902-391, under parent company Action Potential Learning, LLC
- Montana: Office of Public Instruction (OPI) approved.
If you are a teacher in a different state and wish to use our Professional Development Courses for teacher license renewal, please view our PD STATE REQUIREMENTS PAGE to learn more about your state’s requirements.
Also, consider taking our UNIVERSITY-PARTNERED, ACADEMIC CREDIT COURSES to earn regionally-accredited units or credits, accepted by most states.
Monique Carlisle, Instructor
Applied Learning & Development
University of Texas at Austin
Experience & Credentials:
Over 11 Years of Teaching Experience
Former Elementary-Level Teacher
G/T Student Performance & Curriculum Trained
Experience with Students with Learning Disabilites
STATE CERTIFIED TEACHER
Section 1 – RTI Fundamentals
- The Core Components of an RTI System
- The Laws Regarding RTI
- How to Create a Successful RTI Team
Section 2 – Tiered Instruction
- The Purpose of Tiered Instruction
- How to Utilize the Tiered Structure Effectively
- Intervention Strategies for Each Tier
Section 3 – Data
- How to Make Data-Driven Decisions Through:
- Screening & Identification of At-Risk Students
- Progress Monitoring
Section 4 – Putting It All Together
Section 5 – Applying What You Have Learned
Helpful Resources & Templates Included With the Course
The course comes with 4 templates, tools, and graphic organizers ready to be used in your classroom! These include:
- Interventions Guide
- Student RTI Summary
- Student RTI Tracker
- Interventions Plan Template
High-Quality Virtual Presentations
Our high-quality lessons are presented by your instructor in a virtual learning environment that is designed to mirror live, on-campus workshops. Choose to watch or read all lessons at any time and take advantage of our high-quality resources provided for immediate implementation of your new skills.
Access Your Courses Anytime, Anywhere
Courses are accessible to you at any time and are accessible on any computer, tablet, or smart phone. After registration, you will have access to all course lessons, templates, & assignments for one year. Take your courses at your own pace. Pause any time and continue where you left off. You will receive instructor feedback at each step of the course as you progress through the curriculum at your own convenience.
Live Feedback & Communication
Our courses are designed to simulate live instruction. Throughout the course, you will receive feedback from your instructor within 24- 48 hours of your submissions as you proceed through lessons and activities. If you have a question, reach out to your instructor through our built-in messaging system or directly by email or phone.
RegisterIntro to Response to Intervention (RTI)
- 365 Days of Course Access
- Full Access to Course Resources – Tools, Graphic Organizers, Templates & Lesson Plans
- Instructor Feedback for Implementation
- Course Completion Certificate Ready to Submit for Clock Hours
Full Menu BundleFull Access Registration to All PD Courses
- 365 Days of User Access to All PD Courses
- Full Access to All Course Resources – Tools, Graphic Organizers, Templates & Lesson Plans
- Instructor Feedback for Implementation
- Course Completion Certificates For All Courses Taken, Ready to Submit for Clock Hours