Student-Led Classroom Management
(8 Hours) This course provides participants with specific methods to implement strategies in the classroom that foster student independence while still building a strong classroom culture, expectations, and appropriate methods to manage misbehavior. Learning strategies to help manage behaviors using a student- led approach will create a calm and efficient classroom culture that allows students to focus on lesson ideas and move more quickly toward their academic goals.
ONLINE COURSE DETAILS
- Price: $30.00
- Credit Type: Professional Development
- Credits: 8 PD Hours
- 10 High-Quality Resources Provided With The Course
Learn How to Develop & Run a Student-Led Classroom With High Expectations for Student Accountability
Learn How to Manage Classroom Behavior, Effective Student Communication, & Conduct Behavior Interventions
Learn How to Track Behavior, Document, & Communicate With Administrators, Specialists, & Parents
What You Will Learn In This Course:
Student-led classrooms require a classroom management approach that is tailored to the student’s needs, ability level, and behaviors. This course provides participants with specific methods to implement strategies in the classroom that foster student independence while still building a strong classroom culture, expectations, and appropriate methods to manage misbehavior. Learning strategies to help manage behaviors using a student- led approach will create a calm and efficient classroom culture that allows students to focus on lesson ideas and move more quickly toward their academic goals.
- Steps to create appropriate classroom expectations
- Methods for aligning consequences and action plans with your expectations
- Ideas for recording and tracking individual student behaviors
- Strategies to manage and hold students accountable for their behaviors
- How to communicate student behaviors and expectations to parents and specialists
Course Guiding Question:
How can I create a comprehensive classroom management plan that is tailored to the individual student in a student-led classroom?
Professional Development Credits:
At the conclusion of the course, you will receive a certificate for 8 Professional Development Hours (Clock Hours, CPEs, CEUs).
Model Teaching and Action Potential Learning Professional Development Courses are pre-approved in the following states:
- Texas: TEA CPE# 902-391, under parent company Action Potential Learning, LLC
- Montana: Office of Public Instruction (OPI) approved.
If you are a teacher in a different state and wish to use our Professional Development Courses for teacher license renewal, please view our PD STATE REQUIREMENTS PAGE to learn more about your state’s requirements.
Also, consider taking our UNIVERSITY-PARTNERED, ACADEMIC CREDIT COURSES to earn regionally-accredited units or credits, accepted by most states.
Monique Carlisle, Instructor
Applied Learning & Development
University of Texas at Austin
Experience & Credentials:
Over 11 Years of Teaching Experience
Former Elementary-Level Teacher
G/T Student Performance & Curriculum Trained
Experience with Students with Learning Disabilites
STATE CERTIFIED TEACHER
Section 1 – Introduction to Student-Led Classroom Management
Section 2 – Expectations & Accountability
- Part 1 – Communication
- Part 2 – Recording Misbehavior
Section 3 – Behavior Interventions
- Part 1 – Techniques
- Part 2 – Managing Students
Section 4 – Communicating to Others (Administration, Specialists, & Parents)
Section 5 – Putting It All Together
Section 6 – Applying What You Have Learned
Helpful Resources & Templates Included With the Course
The course comes with 10 templates, tools, and graphic organizers ready to be used in your classroom! These include:
- Age Appropriate Behaviors
- Expectations List
- Aligned Strategies List
- Behavioral Conference Form
- Management Plan
- Root Cause Daily Behavior Tracker
- Root Cause Weekly Behavior Tracker
- Student Behavior Reporting Form
- Student Escalation Tracker
- Tiered Infraction Chart
High-Quality Virtual Presentations
Our high-quality lessons are presented by your instructor in a virtual learning environment that is designed to mirror live, on-campus workshops. Choose to watch or read all lessons at any time and take advantage of our high-quality resources provided for immediate implementation of your new skills.
Access Your Courses Anytime, Anywhere
Courses are accessible to you at any time and are accessible on any computer, tablet, or smart phone. After registration, you will have access to all course lessons, templates, & assignments for one year. Take your courses at your own pace. Pause any time and continue where you left off. You will receive instructor feedback at each step of the course as you progress through the curriculum at your own convenience.
Live Feedback & Communication
Our courses are designed to simulate live instruction. Throughout the course, you will receive feedback from your instructor within 24- 48 hours of your submissions as you proceed through lessons and activities. If you have a question, reach out to your instructor through our built-in messaging system or directly by email or phone.
RegisterStudent-Led Classroom Management
- 365 Days of Course Access
- Full Access to Course Resources – Tools, Graphic Organizers, Templates & Lesson Plans
- Instructor Feedback for Implementation
- Course Completion Certificate Ready to Submit for Clock Hours
Full Menu BundleFull Access Registration to All PD Courses
- 365 Days of User Access to All PD Courses
- Full Access to All Course Resources – Tools, Graphic Organizers, Templates & Lesson Plans
- Instructor Feedback for Implementation
- Course Completion Certificates For All Courses Taken, Ready to Submit for Clock Hours