Georgia Teaching Licensure and Re-certification
Professional Development for Georgia Teachers
In Georgia, teaching certificates are valid for five years. During that five-year period, in order to be eligible for renewal you must:
- Complete 6 semester hours of college course work from accredited Georgia colleges/universities
- Or 10 credits of Georgia Professional Learning Units (PLUs)
- Or 10 credits of U.S. Department of Education Teacher-to-Teacher Workshops
- Or 10 credits of continuing education units under the International Association for Continuing Education Units (IACET)
We recommend that you submit our Request Approval Form prior to taking a Model Teaching course if you are interested in meeting your state’s professional development requirements.
- Use our Request Approval form to request approval for a Model Teaching course to be used to satisfy your professional development requirements.
- Receive a Certificate of Completion at the conclusion of the course, documenting course clock hours and micro-credential badges.
- Subscribe for one year of access to all available online courses or learn more about our online professional development courses
Approval Request Form
Download and submit this Request For Approval form to your certificate-granting agency in order to verify that Model Teaching’s courses qualify for your state or school district's continuing education, recertification, or equivalency requirements.
Georgia Teacher Helpful Links
Visit the Georgia Department of Education for more information on professional development requirements for Georgia teachers and educators.
*The information on this page was last updated June, 2018. Please refer to the Georgia Department of Education web page for the most accurate and current information on Georgia teacher re-certification requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: The content provided on this page is solely provided for informational purposes and does not exempt users from their responsibility to ensure that our courses meet their state’s continuing education requirements. Please check with your state certification agency for up to date policies for teacher certification renewal/continuing education and use our Request Approval form if you are considering one of our courses for your professional development clock hour requirements.