Idaho Teacher Certification & Recertification
Professional Development Requirements for Idaho Teachers
The Idaho State Department of Education requires Idaho teachers to obtain 6 Professional Development credits every 5 years to maintain teacher certification. Idaho teachers can obtain up to 3 non-university in-service clock hours to help meet this 6 credit-hour requirement. 15 clock hours are equal to 1 in-service hour. The Idaho State Department of Education requests approval of course material in order to apply non-university courses towards these clock hours. Use Form B7 (Link Below) to request approval of a Model Teaching Professional Development Course from the Idaho State Department of Education.
- Request approval for in-service clock hours using Form B7 FOUND HERE http://www.sde.idaho.gov/cert-psc/cert/
- Receive a Certificate of Completion at the conclusion of the course, documenting course clock hours and micro-credential badges.
- Subscribe for one year of access to all available online courses or learn more about our online professional development courses
B7 Approval Form
Download and submit Form B7 to The Idaho State Department of Education in order to obtain approval to apply Model Teaching courses towards your continuing education, recertification, or licensing requirements.
Terms for certificate renewal with use of In-Service clock hours and/or CEU credits
- Idaho educators who hold a current Idaho teaching certificate can use up to three (3) Idaho district approved, non-university in-service hours to meet the six (6) semester credit hours required for certificate renewal.
- Fifteen (15) contact hours are equivalent to one (1) in-service hour.
- Form B7 must be completed by the proper official at an Idaho school district or Idaho private school for the in-service to count toward certificate renewal.
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
- Training that earned a CEU may only be accepted if it is signed off on Form B7 - Idaho District In-servi
*Source: The SDE IDAHO.GOV
*The information on this page was last updated June, 2018. Please refer to the Idaho State Department of Education web page for the most accurate and current information on Idaho teacher recertification requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: The content provided on this page is solely provided for informational purposes and does not exempt users from their responsibility to ensure that our courses meet their state’s continuing education requirements. Please check with your state certification agency for up to date policies for teacher certification renewal/continuing education and use our Request Approval form if you are considering one of our courses for your professional development clock hour requirements.