Chat with us, powered by LiveChat
FAQ & Support

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I receive a 1098T form?

Per federal guidelines, 1098T forms may be issued by colleges and universities that participate in the Department of Education’s student aid programs.

Model Teaching courses (including university-partnered courses) are considered continuing professional education and are not part of a degree-granting program.  Model Teaching does not issue 1098T forms.

Model Teaching does not provide tax preparation advice, and we encourage you to consult your tax professional for more questions regarding your education expense deductions.  Please reach out to us for any questions by emailing us at: or if you would like to request our federal tax identification number.

Can I start and stop my course at any time?

Yes!  All of our course lessons are delivered via video presentations as well as reading and short answer writing assignments.  These can be paused and saved at any time.  You may login and resume your course at any time without loosing any course progress.  Once registered, you will have access to your course(s) for 1 year and may work on it during that time period.

How and when do I receive my course materials?

All Model Teaching courses provide content and materials 100% online.  This means that you will have immediate access to your course and all of its material as soon as you register.

How long does it take to complete a course and get my clock hours and/or credits?

Within each Model Teaching course page you will see an associated number of course hours.  For Professional Development courses, course length can also be seen in the Course Details section for each course in the course menu.  Our Academic Credit courses are measured in terms of Units or Credits, however, you can find a length estimation on each course page.  See our course menu for details about each course.

All course length is based upon an estimate of how long it would take to complete the course in a live training environment.  Generally, most teachers can complete the online version of our courses much more quickly.

How long until I receive my credits?

Model Teaching will evaluate your completed course within 48 hours upon submission.  Once evaluated, you will automatically be notified of its completion and provided with instructions on how to access your completion certificate.  For Academic Credit courses, credits and/or transcripts will generally be available from our university partner within 5-10 days, depending on which partner you choose.  View our Academic Partners page for more information on processing timelines.

How Many Credits Can I Earn Per Semester?

You may complete up to 15 credits per semester, per university. If you need more than 15 credits in a semester, please select multiple university partnered courses when building your bundle package.

If You Require More Than 15 Credits/Semester, We Recommend You:

A.  Spread out your required number of credits over more than 1 academic semester (Spring, Fall, or Summer)


B.  Choose multiple university partners (up to 15 credits per university) when building your bundle package.

Please always check with your district to confirm how many total credits they will accept in a given semester.

Weekly Course Minimum Policy

Recall that one credit is equivalent to 15 hours of seat time, two credits are equivalent to 30 hours of seat time, and three credits are equivalent to 45 hours of seat time. You must allocate a minimum of one week per course to complete all assignments, but you may take longer than this if you wish. For example, this means that if you register for two courses on the same date, you cannot request credits until at least two weeks after that time period. Or you can register for one course and complete it in a minimum of one week’s time before enrolling in your next course. If you have any questions or need support, please chat with us!

I am not currently teaching. Can I still take your courses?

Absolutely!  You are not required to have access to a classroom or students to take our courses.  Our courses are structured to provide you with the opportunity to use the lessons learned directly in your own classroom, however this is not a requirement to complete the courses.

I need physical copies of my certificates mailed, how do I do this?

Model Teaching can mail copies of completion certificates, CTLE certificates, and other documents to any US-based location.  To cover this expense there is a $2.99 charge for every 5 documents mailed to one location.  You may request your digital Model Teaching completion certificates by completing the request form found here:

*Please Note: This request form applies to Model Teaching documents only.  University credits or official transcripts are provided through our university partners.  Please follow the guidelines on your completion certificate(s) for information on requesting official transcripts or university credit.

What are the semester term dates for university partners?
What is the difference between Professional Development & Academic Credit courses?

Model Teaching offers both Online Professional Development courses as well as Online Academic Credit University-Partnered courses offered through regionally-accredited universities.  Model Teaching Professional Development courses are pre-approved in some states while most State Departments of Education accept regionally-accredited continuing education credit for teacher license renewal requirements.  Visit our State PD Requirements page to find your state-specific PD requirements.

You can sort between our Professional Development and Academic Credit courses in our course menu by checking either “Professional Development” or “Academic Credit/Licensure” in the Credit Type section of our course menu filter.

What technical (Software or Computer) requirements are needed to take a course?

All Model Teaching courses are online based.  This means that to access the courses we require an internet connection and that you have a recently-updated modern browser installed on your device (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge).

In order to complete some assignments we require viewing and sometimes editing of PDF or Microsoft Word-based documents.  If you have not already done so, we recommend that you use the most recent version of Adobe Reader.  This can be downloaded for free Here.  If you do not have access to Microsoft Word, we recommend you use the free Google Docs tools.  These tools are provided free of charge by Google and are compatible with the Word documents we utilize.  You can find more information about accessing Google Docs here:

If you do not have Microsoft Office (or Word) on your computer, please contact us prior to purchase and we will try to work to accommodate your needs.

Model Teaching courses will work on any device (tablet or smart phone) or computer with internet access.  However, for convenience in writing written responses, and for viewing PDF or Word course resources we recommend using a desktop or laptop to work on your courses.

Where Can I Find Course Codes for University-Partnered Courses?

CLICK HERE to view updated course codes for all university-partnered, graduate-level courses.

Why Is My Module 90% or 99% Complete?

If your course shows 99% complete or a module shows 90% complete after submission, this means that your module is in instructor review.  Once your instructor reviews it within 24-48 hours, it will automatically close out.  You may continue working on your course while it is being reviewed.

Your Shopping Cart

Name Price
Buying for a team or group? Select quantities on checkout page.