Our Academic Credit Courses

Earn Academic Credit From Top-Tier, Regionally-Accredited Universities Online


How Our University Credit Courses Work

Do I Need Academic Credit?
Learn the Difference:

Do I Need Academic Credit Courses for My Re-certification Requirements?

Model Teaching offers both Online Professional Development courses as well as University Partnered courses offered through regionally-accredited universities.

Learn more about these types of credit as well as your state requirements for teacher licence renewal, salary advancement, & certification:

Our University Partners

Humboldt State University

Founded as a teacher’s college in 1913, Humboldt State University is now part of the California State University System.  Humboldt’s College of Extended Education offers continuing education courses through private partnerships such as Model Teaching.  Model Teaching’s academic credit courses provided through HSU fall under HSUs 700-799 numbering system for the purposes of credential/licensure designed primarily for electives or professional development/salary advancement purposes.  All online HSU-partnered courses taken through Model Teaching will include access to university credit through HSU.

Humboldt State University is regionally-accredited through WASC-ACSCU (Western Association of Schools & Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges & Universities).

Seattle Pacific University

Seattle Pacific University was founded in 1891.  SPUs Continuing Professional Education Program is the largest provider of continuing education credits for teachers in Washington State.  Model Teaching partners with SPU to offer regionally-accredited continuing education credit for teacher license renewal, maintenance, and salary advancement.  All SPU-partnered courses taken through Model Teaching will include access to university credit and transcripts from Seattle Pacific University.

Seattle Pacific University is regionally-accredited through NWCCU (Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities).