Our Academic Credit/ University Partnered Courses are acceptable for Colorado teacher license renewal and Professional Development requirement hours according to The Colorado Department of Education. Consider our University-Partnered CE Bundle Packs for a cost-effective way to earn your credits for your teacher re-licensure or salary advancement needs.
Be sure to confirm your specific teaching license renewal requirements with your state or local license-granting authority prior to enrolling.
The Colorado Department of Education (CDE) requires teachers to complete 6 semester hours of college credit or 90 clock hours of professional development training to renew an expired teaching certification. Current teachers must receive 6 semester hours of college credit or 90 clock hours of professional development activities every 5 years in order to maintain certification.
Clock hours can be earned through computer-based courses as long as they “enhance your professional growth and can be related to one or more of the Teacher/SSP or Principal quality standards” outlined by the Colorado department of education. Also, The Colorado Department of Education does accept Regionally Accredited Institutions of Higher Learning that include:
- MSA Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education
- HLC Higher Learning Commission (formerly called North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Higher Learning Commission (NCA-HLC)
- NEASC-CIHE New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
- NWCCU Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- SACS Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
- WASC-ACSCU Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities
We encourage course participants to review the Colorado Department of Education requirements here: http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof/Licensure_institutions.asp to confirm their requirements.
REFERENCE: Colorado Department of Education