University Partners

New Mexico Teacher Professional Development

New Mexico teachers take Model Teaching courses every year to help them advance their salary or simply to improve their instructional effectiveness. Learn more below about how our professional development and continuing education courses can help you today!

Renew Your License
Advance Your Salary
Home » PD Requirements By State » New Mexico Teacher Professional Development

Professional Development Courses For New Mexico Teachers

High-quality, straightforward, and cost-effective online courses (including graduate-level) for New Mexico Teachers. Let us show you have we can help you improve your teaching effectiveness, maintain your teaching license, or advance your teaching career.

  • High-Quality Courses, Chock-Full of Resources, Tools, & Templates

  • Access Your Courses Immediately, Any-Time, Anywhere

  • Simple, Intuitive Lessons & Learning Platform


New Mexico Teacher License Renewal & Professional Development Requirements

If you want to upgrade your Level 1 New Mexico Teaching License to a Level 2, you must:

Have three full years of teaching experience (minimum 160 days per year)

Complete the Professional Development Dossier (PDD) that will detail your professional growth and teaching practice for the past three years. You will need to summarize you’re a teaching career over the prior three years. This will be reviewed by external reviewers. The PDD documentation is a collection of classroom data (lesson descriptions, handouts, student work, video and audio recordings, photos) with explanations of that data written by the teacher. The PDD is designed to record your teaching history and communicate this information to external reviewers

To renew a Level 2 license and keep it at the same level, you may do so online. You will also be asked to submit a statement from your school superintendent recommending your continuing licensure, or, if you have not been employed during the life of the license, a notarized statement to that effect.

To upgrade a Level 2 license to a Level 3A license, you must:

Have three full years of teaching experience (minimum 160 days per year) while holding a Level 2 license and complete one of the following requirements:

  • Earn a master’s degree and submit a Professional Development Dossier OR
  • Become Nationally Board Certified by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards

You may renew a Level 3A license online through the New Mexico Public Education Department. You will also be asked to submit a statement from your school superintendent recommending your continuing licensure or, if you have not been employed throughout the entire term of the license.

To request use of our Model Teaching Professional Development Courses for your PDD plan, please complete and submit our Request Course Approval form to your school, district, or state licensing authority.

REFERENCE: New Mexico Public Education Department


Build Your Own Graduate-Level Bundle Pack

Access Our Full University-Partnered Course Menu to Earn Your Required Number of Credits

  • Includes full access to all graduate-level courses from any of our university partners

  • Register for any credits package, take any courses until you use all of your credits

  • Choose from our entire suite of university-partnered courses, work to complete as many as you wish at your own pace

  • Course Partners Include: University of the Pacific, Southern New Hampshire University, University of Massachusetts Global, & Valley City State University
  • All university-partnered courses are regionally-accredited & include an official transcript & letter grade

  • Great for salary advancement or license renewal

  • All courses self-paced & accessible for 1 year

Build Your Own Credit Bundle Pack Round
Learn About The Bundle
View All PD Courses

Salary Advancement Information for Teachers

Model Teaching partners with regionally-accredited universities across the country to provide graduate-level courses to thousands of K-12 teachers and educators every year. Generally, school districts across the country provide various salary scale advancement opportunities to teachers that often includes participation in graduate-level professional development. Our university-partnered, graduate-level courses are an excellent and cost-effective way for you to earn the continuing education academic credit you need.

University Accredited Seal-color-min
View Graduate-Level Courses Recommended for Salary Advancement

All Model Teaching university partners are regionally-accredited universities who offer our courses in partnership for graduate-level, academic and/or post-bachelorette credit.  Most states and school districts allow teachers to earn this type of credit as part of advancing in the salary scale.  Please check with your district’s policies regarding continuing education for salary advancement prior to enrolling.

The most cost-effective way to earn credits is by enrolling in our build your own bundle pack package (See Here).

Please refer to our course menu for a listing of graduate-level courses. Within each course page, you will have access to a syllabus that you may download.

Yes, all university-partnered graduate-level courses will include access to an official transcript from the university.

These graduate-level courses are primarily designed for salary advancement and/or certificate re-licensure.  It is the sole discretion of any university that issues the Masters Degree weather or not they may accept these credits to apply to a degree program.

PLEASE NOTE: The content provided on this page does not exempt users from their responsibility to ensure that our courses meet their state or district’s salary advancement policies or requirements. Please check with your district for details regarding your district’s salary advancement policies before enrolling in a course.

*The information on this page was last updated 3/2019. Please refer to the New Mexico Public Education Department web page for the most accurate and current information on New Mexico teacher re-certification requirements.

PLEASE NOTE: The content provided on this page is solely provided for informational purposes and does not exempt users from their responsibility to ensure that our courses meet their state’s continuing education requirements. Please check with your state certification agency for up-to-date policies for teacher certification renewal/continuing education and use our Request Course Approval form if you want to confirm use of one of our courses for your professional development, continuing education, or clock hour requirements.